The Group Photo
“International Nanophotonics Symposium (INP-2017)” is an international symposium organized as a satellite meeting of ICO-24. This symposium invites world-class scientists in the field of nanophotonics and provides a great opportunity to discuss current and future progress of nanophotonics.
At the symposium, all participants stay in the same hotel, participate in scientific sessions from early morning till late evening, and share deep discussion and close communication all together.
The scope of the symposium includes, but not limited to, high-resolution microscopy and spectroscopy, plasmonics/metamaterials, optical nano-manipulations, nanophotonic materials and fabrications, and applications in biology, nano-material/device characterizations, energy and environments, and others. The scientific program will include invited talks and a poster session.
- Satoshi Kawata (Professor Emeritus, Osaka University, Japan)
- Chi-Kuang Sun (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)
- Colin J.R. Sheppard (Italian Institute of Technology, Italy)
- Din-Ping Tsai (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)
- Fu-Jen Kao (National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan)
- Hong-Bo Sun (Jilin University, China)
- Keiji Sasaki (Hokkaido University, Japan)
- Mamoru Hashimoto (Hokkaido University, Japan)
- Martin Booth (University of Oxford, UK)
- Min Gu (RMIT University, Australia)
- Nicholas SMITH (Osaka University, Japan)
- Prabhat Verma (Osaka University, Japan)
- Rainer Heintzmann (Friedrich Schiller University, Germany)
- Shi-Wei Chu (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)
- Takuo Tanaka (RIKEN, Japan)
- Vincent Daria (The Australian National University, Australia)
- Xuan-Ming Duan (Chinese Academy of Sciences, China)
- Yasushi Inouye (Osaka University, Japan)
- Yoshimasa Kawata (Shizuoka University, Japan)
- Zouheir Sekkat (Moroccan Foundation for Science, Innovation and Research (MAScIR), Morocco)
Located in the east of the Izu Peninsula, the Kawana Hotel is one of the best resort hotels in Japan. The classical style western hotel was built in 1935. Since then, Kawana hotel has hosted numerous celebrities including Marilyn Monroe and Joe DieMaggio during their honeymoon trip. Because of its history and wonderful hospitality, the hotel is also used as a venue for important meetings, such as the 1998 Japan-Russia Summit.
Not only for the hotel itself but also for the attached golf course, Kawana Hotel is well known. Professional golf tournaments are regularly held. There is an episode about the golf course, which might be of interested to scientists :
- A man was collecting a soil on the periphery of the golf course. From the soil sample, he isolated microorganism called Streptomyces avermectinius. The microbe was sent to Merck's laboratory in the US where it was found to display superior antiparasitic activity against the nematode worm. The active substance was named "avermectin". Avermectin represented a completely new class of compound, as it killed a range of different parasites inside as well as outside the body. It was also capable of killing insect vectors. The name of the man is Satoshi Ōmura, the Nobel Lauriate in Physiology or Medicine in 2015.
The time shcedule of trains from Kawana/Ito to Tokyo is available from here. Also included is the shuttle bus service between Ito Station and Kawana Hotel.
|14:30||Bus Departure from Keio Plaza Hotel|
||19:30 - 21:30||
|09:00 - 09:05||Opening Remark||Prabhat Verma|
|09:05 - 09:35||Oral Session 1||Satoshi Kawata|
|09:35 - 09:55||Colin Sheppard|
|09:55 - 10:10||Keiji Sasaki|
|10:10 - 10:40||
10:40 - 11:00
|Oral Session 2||Min Gu|
11:00 - 11:20
11:20 - 11:40
11:40 - 12:00
12:00 - 13:30
13:30 - 15:00
|Poster Session (20 Posters)|
15:00 - 15:20
|Oral Session 3||Chi-Kuang Sun|
15:20 - 15:40
15:40 - 15:55
15:55 - 16:30
16:30 - 16:50
|Oral Session 4||Hong-bo Sun|
16:50 - 17:10
17:10 - 17:25
17:25 - 19:00
19:00 - 21:00
|21:00 - 21:15||Evening Session (with Drink)||Nicholas SMITH|
|21:15 - 21:30||Yasushi Inouye|
|21:30 - 22:30||(Free Discussion)|
|09:30 - 09:50||Oral Session 5||Din-Ping Tsai|
|09:50 - 10:05||Prabhat Verma|
|10:05 - 10:25||Xuan-Ming Duan|
|10:25 - 11:00||Coffee Break|
|11:00 - 11:20||Oral Session 6||Martin Booth|
|11:20 - 11:35||Mamoru Hashimoto|
|11:35 - 11:55||Shi-Wei Chu|
|11:55 - 12:00||Closing Remark||Yasushi Inouye|
|12:00 - 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 - 17:00||Excursion* (Optional)|
|17:00 -||Post-Symposium Assembly** (Optional)|
We will visit "Jogasaki Coast", the must-visit attraction for tourists in the easten part of Izu Peninsula. We are planning to visit some other places if time allows. The tour will arrive at Ito Station (not Kawana Station) in the end.
** Post-Meeting Assembly
Ｗalking and discussion in the natural atmosphere. This program includes dinner and accomodation at KAI Ito, Hoshino Resorts.
|Registration||JPY 38,000 28,000|
|Banquet (optional)||JPY 10,000|
|Bus transportation from Shinjuku (optional)*||JPY 5,000 0|
|Excursion (optional)||JPY 6,000|
|Post-symposium assembly (optional)**||JPY 26,000|
* For those who are planing to attend ICO-24, the bus will depart at Keio Plaza Hotel , the conference venue of ICO-24. It is recommended to take this option. The bus will depart at 14:30.
** Includes dinner and accommodation. The accomodation for this night would be in Japanese-style rooms, where it is usual for members to share the room and sleep on the futon-tyle bed, with tatami mats, etc. In this case, you could expect to share with four other people, and the arrangement would be made by the organizers. At an extra charge you can choose single room or twin room. Additional charge is JPY 24,000 for single room and JPY 4,000 for twin room per person.
Hotel Room Rate
Special discount rates are offered to the participants of the symposium.
|Room type*||Rate per night|
* Please select the prefered room type in the registration form below.
** The organizing committee arranges the mates to share the room.
Please complete registration by May 25, 2017.
|Yasushi Inouye||Prabhat Verma|
|Katsumasa Fujita||Junichi Takahara|
|Atsushi Taguchi||Hidekazu Ishitobi||Nicholas I Smith|
firstname.lastname@example.org (Katsumasa Fujita, Osaka University)